Springbank Cottage Care Program
We are so proud to team up with SCC and offer fun dance classes for ages 3+ (only open to SCC clients). As these classes are "Fusion" classes, it will introduce the dancers to multiple styles, including Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Acro, and Musical Theatre! We will focus on balance, coordination, flexibility, and building a strong foundation, while allowing the dancers to have fun and be creative!
For age 3+ looking to start dance and discover balance and creativity through movement. Offering a fun, energetic, and interactive environment to keep our dancers involved and busy during their class each week. From dance games, to technical exercises, to tumbling and beyond, this class helps increase the extent of body movement to improve coordination, control, and muscle awareness. And as this is a "Fusion" class, we will strive to expose the dancers to various styls including Jazz, Ballet, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, and Acro while having a ton of fun!!!
What are the lengths of each class?
- Fusion, age 3 to 4 - 30min
- Fusion, age 5 to 7 - 45min
How much do the classes cost?
- 30min Class - $185.00 for the Fall Session
- 45min Class - $250.00 for the Fall Session
*There will be 14 classes in total, Sept. 11th to Dec. 18th.
PLEASE NOTE: Tuition for Session Classes is due upon registration.
What is the required attire?
- Fitted, stretchy clothes (can wear tan tights and a black or pink leotard with a black or pink skirt or shorts if you have them); preferably tan jazz or pink ballet dance shoes (or black for the boys) as runners are too stiff (we do have a ton of second hand ones for sale at the studio!).
What is the required hair?
- Please just ensure your dancers' hair is pulled back and out of their face for class (hair styles could include a bun, pony tail, braid, half-up, etc.)
Am I allowed to sit in on the class?
- We will have a Parent Viewing Week in December but please feel free to let us know if you'd like to pop in any other time!
Does my dancer get to participate in Recital?
- Absolutely, as long as we have enough interest to continue classes in the New Year, our SCC students will get to do Recital! If you are not available or interested in participating in Recital, please provide notice prior to January 15th.
- Thursday June 18th and Friday June 19th 2020 at the Martha Cohen Theatre - there are three (different) shows but each class will participate once (which will be determined at a later date).
What are the costs of the Recital Costumes?
- Our SCC dancers pay no more than $75.00 per costume, due February 1st.
Have any more questions?
- Contact Us HERE