Springbank Cottage Care Program
We are so proud to team up with SCC and offer fun dance classes for ages 3+ (only open to SCC clients). As these classes are "Fusion" classes, it will introduce the dancers to multiple styles, including Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Acro, and Musical Theatre! We will focus on balance, coordination, flexibility, and building a strong foundation, while allowing the dancers to have fun and be creative!
For those 3 and 4 year olds looking to start dance and discover balance and creativity through movement. Offering a fun, energetic, and interactive environment to keep those little ones involved and busy during their class each week. From dance games, to technical exercises, to tumbling and beyond, this class helps increase the extent of body movement to improve coordination, control, and muscle awareness. Guaranteed fun to keep those little ones busy and burn some energy each week!
For age 5 to 10 year olds, this class combines ballet, jazz, acro, lyrical, and hip hop! It allows dancers to explore various styles while at the Day Care. The class focuses on being fast paced, high energy, and exposure to lots of material! We are excited to create an opportunity for dancers to build a foundation, have a ton of fun, and gain confidence through creativity and exploring their own styles.
What are the lengths of each class?
- Creative Movement - 30min
- Fusion, age 5 to 7 - 45min
- Fusion, age 8+ - 60min
How much do the classes cost?
- 30min Class - $185.00 for the Fall Session
- 45min Class - $200.00 for the Fall Session
- 60min Class - $245.00 for the Fall Session
*There will be 14 classes in total, Sept. 19th through Dec. 19th
What is the required attire?
- Fitted, stretchy clothes (can wear tan tights and a black or pink leotard with a black or pink skirt or shorts if you have them); preferably tan jazz or pink ballet dance shoes as runners are too stiff (we do have a ton of second hand ones for sale at the studio!).
What is the required hair?
- Please just ensure your dancers' hair is pulled back and out of their face for class (hair styles could include a bun, pony tail, braid, half-up, etc.)
Am I allowed to sit in on the class?
- We will have a Parent Viewing Week in December but please feel free to let us know if you'd like to pop in any other time!
Does my dancer get to participate in Recital?
- Absolutely. Once we open our Winter/Spring Session for January through June 2019, we will touch base about the optional participation in Recital.
- Saturday June 15th 2019 at the Martha Cohen Theatre
What are the costs of the Recital Costumes?
- Our SCC dancers pay no more than $75.00 per costume
Have any more questions?
- Contact Us HERE