A combination of dance technique and acrobatic elements. Acro focuses on promoting flexibility, tumbling, strength, balance, contortion, and partner/group stunts. Each lesson involves training in gymnastic-style elements but is often put together with style and choreography. We are a fully accredited studio with certified ACC (Acrobatic Arts) and Acrobatique teachers.
Ballet is the foundation of technique and balance for all styles of dance. Discipline and creativity are used to improve flexibility, strength, and proper positioning. Ballet technique is essential for improvement and appropriate advancement in other styles of dance as well. Offering various levels including pre-junior through advanced foundation, pre-pointe, and pointe. Ballet is incorporated into almost every class and is strongly encouraged for all ages by the staff and director at Springbank Dancers.
Competition Choreography is a scheduled time every week, where dancers from our competitive team meet to learn and practice choreography. It is NOT required for all competitors and dancers must be approved to participate in one of these classes. Each class will learn more than one group routine that will be taken to competition in the spring. It is a great way to develop a strong routine with constant practice, and build great team spirit.
- For those 3 and 4 year olds looking to start dance and discover balance and creativity through movement. Offering a fun, energetic, and interactive environment to keep those little ones involved and busy during their class each week. Introducing our little ones to Ballet, Jazz, AND Tap, this class helps increase the extent of body movement to improve coordination, control, and muscle awareness. Guaranteed to keep those little ones busy and burn some energy for a full 45min each week.
HOP N POP
- This class is designed to encourage creativity and explore "style" through movement! This 30min segment will include an introduction into Hip Hop, Breakdancing, Tumbling, and a lot of laughter! The purpose is to embrace each indiduval for their own uniqueness and encourage confidence through movement!
PARENT N TOTS
- This 45min class is such a fun experience for both the parent and dancer! Each class will include teacher-led movement activities and lessons where parents can encourage their little one, but also be instructed on how to help them explore coordination, balance, musicaltiy, and characterization! And as we 'partner up' with our young dancer, we promise a ton of laughter and connection!
Strong and powerful dance movements to Hip Hop and R&B music. Includes different styles of urban dance while increasing an understanding of various music beats and rhythms. Classes are designed to concentrate on choreography and memory, without limits to body movements. Hip Hop is energetic and perfect for those looking for an interactive and relaxed style of dance. Offering various levels including Junior to Advanced, for boys and girls of all ages.
Jazz is a strong technically based style of dance consisting of unique movements, body and musical awareness, intricate foot movements, leaps and turns. In order to excel in jazz, dancers are strongly recommended to have a background in ballet to improve strength and balance.
For the 2018/19 Season, we will be offering Jazz Progressions (aka Technique), ADAPT (Exam) Syllabus Classes, and Jazz Style Classes! Dancers are encouraged to take all three.
*Enrollment in a regular Ballet is required in order to take Jazz, and in order to enrol in Jazz Style, a dancer must also be enrolled in Jazz Progressions.
A collection of mixed styles derived from modern dance brought us both lyrical and contemporary. Recommended to help improve and enhance technique and control with influences from ballet, lyrical and jazz. Both disciplines explore challenging body positioning and emotions and is often seen as dramatic and interpretive. Both styles have such similar foundation work and with much overlap, so we want to give the dancers to opportunity to experience both, without having to take multiple classes.
*Enrolment in a regular Ballet class is required
A form of dance that combines technique from jazz, ballet, and lyrical with song and music from stage/theatre performances. Musical Theatre is a fun, outgoing style that improves a dancer’s confidence and creativity throughout Broadway performance. All dancers involved in Musical Theatre classes are strongly encouraged to also participate in a technique class (such as ballet, jazz, lyrical, etc.).
For our more recreational dancers age 10-13 who are interested in taking a more limited number of classes per week or for dancers who are new and would like to explore different options! Performance classes this season include Ballet and Jazz/Lyrical and are the perfect place for these "older" dancers to build a proper foundation without being in with the Pre-Junior students, and likely excel a little more quickly. Our Performance dancers are also strongly encouraged to participate in our Community Events and take advantage of the "Performance Package"!
A great place for our younger dancers to start experiencing various styles and disciplines. Classes for age 5 & 6 include combinations of Jazz/Acro and Hip Hop/Musical Theatre, along with separate classes for Ballet and Tap. Combo classes are helpful for guiding your dancer into what styles may interest them and for building an essential foundation for growth.
SCC - SPRINGBANK COTTAGE CARE
We are so excited to be offering our 'Fusion' classes at Springbank Cottage Care next season! And, we will be running three different age groups for 2018/19!
- For those 3 and 4 year olds looking to start dance and discover balance and creativity through movement. Offering a fun, energetic, and interactive environment to keep those little ones involved and busy during their class each week. From dance games, to technical exercises, to tumbling and beyond, this class helps increase the extent of body movement to improve coordination, control, and muscle awareness. Guaranteed fun to keep those little ones busy and burn some energy!
SCC Fusion Dance (age 5-7 and 8+):
- For age 5 to 10 year olds, this class combines ballet, jazz, acro, lyrical, and hip hop! It allows dancers to explore various styles while at the Day Care. The class focuses on being fast paced, high energy, and exposure to lots of material! We are excited to create an opportunity for dancers to build a foundation, have a ton of fun, and gain confidence through creativity and exploring their own styles.
STRETCH & FLEXIBILITY
While many dancers cannot afford (with their other commitments) to add on an additional full-year class, they are often still looking for that push in the beginning of the season to improve their flexibility. Geared towards the dancer who is determined to make big advancements in their stretch, strength, and flexibility in a short period. The class will meet once a week until the February break and will focus on specifics, such as getting dancers into flat splits, improving hip & back flexibility, having strong back bridges, and practicing various leg holds and floor work. Dancers will be expected to have consistent attendance and utilize the "take-home" material that is provided. This class will also have guest teachers throughout the session!
As this class is an intensive, it is directed toward the hard working dancer, our competitors, or those in Acro wishing to add an additional class.
Use of tapping footwear and precise foot movements in various patterns to create an audible form of theatrical dance with music and rhythm awareness. Recommended ballet or jazz experience for ankle strength and proper positioning.
We offer a fantastic Fusion class specific to our teen recreational students. In this class, our Teens will get to experience an introduction to Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical/Contemporary, and Hip Hop! Each student will feel confident and comfortable to try new styles and elements in a safe and supportive environment! Interested in Acro but relatively new? We now have Teen Acro following Teen Fusion!!!
We are so excited to offer "Workshop" Classes within our schedule! Workshops will vary throughout the season and may include: Improv, Jumps & Turns, Musicality and Music Theory, Choreography, Core Strengthening, and more!
*Workshops are geared toward the experienced dancer and not encourage if you're new to any technical style of dance.
Offering multiple opportunities throughout the summer to attend a camp that has a dance base but is "so much more". There are a variety of camps available that include dancing, local performances, yoga, karate, hip hop, drumming and percussion, and more! These summer camps are available to dancers AND those new to dance who are looking to have fun, build new skills, and meet new friends!
SUMMER DANCE INTENSIVE
These summer experiences are geared towards the experienced dancer who is looking to build their technique and continue their training (and IMPROVING) over the summer break. There will be Intensives for acro and jazz technique, as well as a variety of drop-in classes available!